As Business Manager, you apply your influential and relationship-building skills to deliver on three key responsibilities:
1. Drive business development.
2. Deliver outstanding client service and management.
3. Develop a talented local team.
You understand how decisions are made, and relentlessly explore and uncover the business needs of clients. You understand how to apply our expertise in integrated brand thinking to grow their business, and ours. You’re passionate about inspiring both clients and colleagues with purpose-driven branding solutions and you’re dedicated to sustaining business performance.
This role is key to driving the development of our business in Malaysia. You are fiscally minded, with inspiring communication, presentation and negotiation skills. In addition;
- You have relevant industry experience in a similar environment either with a branding or design agency in Malaysia or overseas. (This is a mandatory requirement for the role).
- Your understanding of brands and branding goes beyond simply logos.
- Your communication ability in both English and Bahasa is very good, if not excellent.
- You will be available to spend time in Singapore for induction and training purposes.
- Responsible for developing a robust, and continually refreshed opportunity pipeline
- Classify and confirm specific new business targets, weekly, within industries and/or service sectors, and personally contact prospects via phone calls, email or through other social media such as LinkedIn.
- Develop and tailor credential decks to showcase best case studies and practices that win business.
- Deepen knowledge of SR service sectors and processes, strategic branding, investment branding, and sustainability branding.
- Set up and attend new business meetings.
- Work with management to scope and develop TCM’s (time/cost matrix) and quotations, including collaborating with the client to refine the project deliverables
- Document all client and prospect data
- Identify and develop opportunities within existing clients
- Identify partner companies who can help generate and deliver opportunities (PR, sustainability, copywriting, video production companies etc.)
- Provide input and opinion into company sales and marketing (how the business positions itself for various audiences, online and offline)
- Maximise networking opportunities by regularly attending appropriate industry events.
- Promote the profile of Sedgwick Richardson as an industry leader.
- Lead the day-to-day handling of key SR client accounts, supported by the client servicing team. This not only includes managing local Account Executives, and other Account Managers (over time), but also liaison with the Singapore-based creative team, production team and any relevant external partners (copywriters / translators / photographers etc.)
- Take a leadership role in coordinating schedules, resources and maintaining a healthy and positive working culture to ensure on-time / on-budget delivery of projects
- Ensure projects follow the agreed quotation scope keeping the project team and clients informed of variations
- Creative Input and Management: Demonstrate motivation, accountability and resolve to deliver our teams’ best work, while assisting management in cultivating a high-performing, healthy working culture
- Ensure that invoices are issued promptly (including keeping track of variation orders.
- Where appropriate, develop written content for presentations and individual projects.
- Assist in the growth of the local team, by participating with the Managing Director and Group Creative Director in the review of design team requirements and the capabilities, skills and experience of design team candidates and evaluation of candidates for recruitment and development.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of a team based in a satellite studio in Malaysia (next 12 months).